Thursday, August 9, 2007

Getting organized... stuff that I'm working on now

Ok, here's an update of what I'm doing to get my stuff a little organized...

Technique:
  • Major scales
  • white note scales
  • major modes
  • mel minor modes
  • some arpeggios and 4-mallet stuff(just making it up as I go...)
Tunes:
  • Green Dolphin Etude(recording it this week...I hope) and let's start playing the tune solo and in different keys
  • Don't Get Around: - practicing milt solo's in 12 keys
  • Don't Get Around: - practicing solo on changes
  • I added the last B of milt's solo on the alternate take. It's here
Tunes for Gig:
I'm transcribing the tunes I want to play on the gig the 29th of august. I have all the sheet music, but that's the easy way. So I'm posting what I transcribe and maybe you(tony) can tell me what is wrong, so I can go back and try to correct it...
Here are two tunes:
I'll start on I loves you porgy now. I have a version by Joe Henderson, so that's nice... Or maybe the Philly Five version?

Tony, maybe you can look at my tunes list I posted. And maybe you have some more ideas? Some of the tunes I already know, so transcribing them would be fake, because I know the changes. If you have some ideas, I might not know those tunes and then I can work some more on my ears, right?

I'll get the list of tunes organized and I'll get versions of every tune and listen to it a lot and transcribe it all.

ok, let me know what you think...

Tjaco

1 comment:

Tony said...

yo,

on g dolph: before the Ab-7 i think it's usually Bb-7 and not the b5. other than that cool. this is might take longer but in the end it will help sooooooooo much.