Saturday, July 28, 2007

Friday, July 27, 2007

Ok, here’s another update. I talked to Tony about maybe leaving the detail for my own notebook and put more of a general update on this blog. That’s probably a good idea. At the moment I have loads of time, but when I don’t have lots of time I won’t be able to put all the detail, so I’ll try to keep it consistent. Anyway, here is an update of what I’ve been doing friday:

Technique:

I played my major scales, modes and the white note scales. I’’m getting faster with the major scales, but now I’m noticing that also the f and g major scale or not as good as the other’s. That’s probably also because of the amount of white notes that are in the scale…

I also did the chromatic scale again and made up another exercise playing the whole range of the instrument.

I made up two more 4–mallet technique exercises. One is a wrist exercise playing arpeggiated chords and the other one is more a block chord exercise. I also played these all the way to the high register where they get really hard! Especially with Burton grip, because you have to turn you’re wrists a little…

Green dolphin street etude

I played through the first 3 pages, it’s getting better.

Solo milt jackson on Don’t get around

I practiced the first 8 bars in 12 keys, but now Tony told me it’s not totally correct I’m pobably gonna do this again when I have the solo down correct.

Duet Don’t Get Around

I worked on the duet of Don’t Get Around. I recorded it and will post it later, with some comments and some other mp3’s.

Maybe it’s an idea to give weekly updates on what I’ve been doing and during the week I can post thoughts on things that I’m doing so everybody can talk about it… Let me know Tony or other people that see this!

Here are some new exercises that I did:

No comments: