Thursday, July 26, 2007

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

  • 10 mins - Major scales, 100 bpm
  • 10 mins - chromatic scale over whole range and playing the accidentals on the end of the bar, 90 bpm.
  • 10 mins - minor 7 arpeggio's, 80 bpm
  • 10 mins - exercise playing the whole range, ex. nr. 1, no tempo
  • 10 mins - Major modes, 80 bpm
  • 60 mins - Donna Lee, melody in 12 keys, 60 bpm
  • 15 mins - Green Dolphin Street etude, page 1/2
  • 30 mins - Green Dolphin Street etude, page 3
  • 30 mins - Don't Get Around, soloing at 70 bpm + played along with Tony Miceli duet
  • 30 mins - Transcribed 1st A of Don't Get Around(Alternate take)
  • 20 mins - lick nr. 3 (Milt Jackson) in 12 keys
Total practice time: 3 hrs 55 mins

Notes:
  • White note scales suck! By white note, I mean the white notes of the piano ofcourse! So the scales: F lydian, G Myxolydian etc... So I'm going to practice those seperately.
  • My soloing on Don't Get Around really sucks! I guess I'm having trouble with the key of C...
  • The alternate take of Don't Get Around is also on the album "wizard of the vibes"
  • I figured I would play the chromatic scale to practice playing on the ends of the bars. I'm focusing on getting a good sound also on the end of the bar.

No comments: